Joel, and Stephen take a look at what’s coming to, and potentially worth seeing on the big screen in 2023, as well as what’s new this month on their screens at home, the first LEGO sets of 2023, and a family friendly Minecraft community.
Support The Citadel Cafe on Patreon
- January streaming series.
- The Last Of Us, HBO/CRAVE (Jan 15)
- Vikings: Valhalla, Season 2, Netflix (Jan 12)
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch, Season 2 (Jan 4)
- 2023 Films
- Cineplex Cineclub (Cineplex.com)
- January: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Nov 22)
- February: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantummania (Feb 17)
- March: Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (Mar 3)
- April: The Super Mario Bros. Movie (Apr 7), or Shazam! Fury of the Gods (Mar 17)
- May: Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 (May 5)
- June: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (June 2), Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts (June 9)
- July: Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One (July 14) (Possibly)
- August: The Marvels (July 28)
- September: Blue Beetle (Aus 18) (Possibly), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (Aug 4)
- October: The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (Nov 17, with October ticket)
- November: Dune: Part Two (Expected Nov 3)
- December: Ghostbusters Afterlife 2 (Expected Dec 20)
PATREON SUPPORT: Bean Counter Patron
SUBJECT: Old Episodes
Hi Joel, and Stephen,
Happy New Year to you!
I have now binge-listened to every episode of The Citadel Cafe. I found it very interesting to hear your thoughts, and comments on various movie plots, and comparing them to what actually happened. One example was working out who Raye’s parents were in The Force Awakens. It was interesting to listen to the speculation and the change of ideas as the movies were released.
I was wondering if there are any movie outcomes that you were expecting, or predicting which didn’t quite happen, and does this make the movie better because it was unpredictable, or were you disappointed?
Keep up the great podcast. It’s a staple of my weekly Audio diet.
What We’re Watching
The Citadel Cafe is proud to be a listener supported podcast! We appreciate all of our members, with a special thanks to the Bean Counters, Pastry Chefs, Latte Lovers and Baristas who keep the coffee hot and the conversation going.