Joel is joined by Jonny (Pixlriffs) and Megan for a Dungeons & Dragons roundtable where they talk about new Dungeon Master Jonny’s first steps in the table top experience and Megan’s stories of Adventurers League and various dungeon groups.
Support The Citadel Cafe on Patreon
RE: World Building Discussion
Hey Joel and Megan!
I just got done listening to The Citadel Cafe 351: The World Building Rabbit Hole, and I really enjoyed the episode. It was a good change of pace. Having an episode like that every once in a while is fun to listen to in my opinion.
As for the world-building discussion you guys had, I was first introduced into creating my own lore to a Minecraft world when I joined my friends Minecraft server. Each person had a “nation” that they created and built. To fit in with this theme, I created my own nation and wrote a backstory for it. I ended up with a civilization that lived completely underground, tricked into thinking that the surface was unsafe to live on. On my single player world, however, I do not have a dedicated lore, I just build things as I need them to help me advance the game.
Thanks for the wonderful podcast, it’s great for the long drives I take.
Keep it up,
Dungeons & Dragons
- Dungeons & Dragons (Wizards.com)
- Dungeons & Dragons Animated Series (wiki)
- Jonny’s Links…
- Legends & Labyrinths – On the Importance of Character Creation (TheAlexandrian.net)
- Other D&D show recommendations. Note: All by adults, for adults.
- Megan’s Links
- Megan’s Tuesday Night D&D Twitch Stream with NubbinPrime (Twitch.tv)
- Dungeon Dudes (YouTube.com)
- Zee Bashew – The Animated Spellbook (YouTube.com)
- A Crap Guide to D&D (5th Edition) (YouTube.com)
- Joel’s Links
- TheVoyagersWorkshop.com (Website)