Brian Dunaway from Comics Coast to Coast and FilmSack stops by the cafe to talk about the third episode of this season of Game of Thrones, High Sparrow. Joel followed through on last week’s recommendation and has been watching Bloodline, Brian is debating giving the sci-fi show Starcrossed another shot. Be sure to tune in all the way to the end of the show when you’ll hear Brian say, “What if Game of Thrones was a Disney movie?”
Episode No: 145
Episode Title: The Man Who Passes The Sentence
Hosts & Guests
Movies, TV & Video (Games)
Game of Thrones – Winter is Coming Season 5
|Game of Thrones Season 5 (wiki)
Season 5 Episode 03 – High Sparrow (wiki)Plot Summary:
Margaery, freshly wed to Tommen, manipulates her husband into dispatching Cersei to Casterly Rock. Baelish conducts Sansa Stark to Winterfell to cement an alliance with Roose Bolton through her marriage to his son Ramsay; Sansa will consolidate the Bolton hold on the North, while Baelish hints at an alliance between the North and the Eyrie is capable of bringing down the kingdom. To adapt in the House of Black and White, Arya rids herself of all her personal effects save for Needle, which she hides in a pile of rocks. At Castle Black, Jon Snow refuses Stannis’ proposition and Stannis heads for King’s Landing via Winterfell. Ser Allister is named First Ranger; Janos Slynt refuses to be dispatched to rebuild Greygard, and Snow executes Slynt himself. Lancel finds the High Septon compromised in Littlefinger’s brothel; in a purge, Cersei decides to seek out the High Sparrow. Arriving in Volantis, Tyrion visits a brothel and is abducted by Jorah Mormont.
- Joel’s Notes
- Tommen & Margaery
- I thought their exchanges were fun.
- That kid has it made! He’s obviously pretty excited.
- The show is often so dark and foreboding, it brought a nice light atmosphere.
- Margaery knows what’s up though. She wants Cersei out!
- Little Finger & Sansa
- I think everyone feels frightened for Sansa right now. Thought she could trust Little Finger, only to be married into the Boltons? Yikes!
- I like how John is putting his foot down. You can see the reluctance, but he also knows he has to earn the respect – and in some cases fear – of every man on the Night’s Watch.
- Smart how he names Ser Alister First Ranger.
- I feel like you could hear the words of Ned Stark echoing in the scene from the very first episode when Ned has to behead a deserter.
- I feel like this is going to be an interesting part of this season but also a very, very slow burn.
- Didn’t get much out of the exchanges in the House of Black and White, but the scene where Arya dumps all of her belongings into the sea – except Needle – was really well done.
- Tyrion & Varys
- These guys are always good for some comedy relief.
- When Jorra nabs Tyrion, I felt Tyrion should have seen that coming, but I guess he was supposed to be pretty drunk. Didn’t read to me.
- Jorra says he’s taking Tyrion to “the queen”.
- Brian’s Notes:
- Janos Slynt & Jon: Any Last Words?
- Kit Harrington talked online about how hard it was to portray a beheading on camera when it is happening in real life in the middle east.
- Any Last Words? What would be your last words?
- Karma comes to the wall. Janos betrayed Ned Stark and even though Jon doesn’t know that; we did.
- Little Finger:
- Maybe not the dick I thought he was? He really is one of the chess piece movers in this game.
- I genuinely expected her to ask for her old room.
- I thought she was going to pop a gasket. But her ability to smile through that shit is showing me she knows how to play the game. She seems more dangerous than ever.
- Is washing dead men as part of her training. Wash on…Wash off..Penis!
- She just couldn’t part with Needle.
Mobile audio stream is provided by Alpha Geek Radio.
You can listen to The Citadel Cafe live on Alpha Geek Radio when each episode is being recorded, even when you are away from your home computer. Point your mobile browser to mobile.alphageekradio.com and tune in to Channel 1 at show time. You can also install the TuneIn.com app for additional mobile features. Simply search for “Alpha Geek Radio” within the app.
Music for The Citadel Cafe was composed by Kevin MacLeod. You can find more royalty free music at incompetech.com.
You can email the show or send us a voice mail (.mp3 format, 1 minute or less.) to email@example.com.
Support the show by supporting Joel on Patreon!
Tweaked Audio: Discount Code
The Citadel Cafe is proudly sponsored by TweakedAudio.com. For high performance, noise reducing earbuds visit TweakedAudio.com and use our code “tcc” at checkout for free shipping and 30% off your entire order!
Amazon Affiliate Link: Support The Citadel Cafe
You can support The Citadel Cafe with your regular Amazon shopping. Before you place your next Amazon order, click the appropriate affiliate link. A small commission from the purchase of the incredibly cool geeky stuff you were going to by anyway will go towards keeping the show going.
Thanks for listening!